DIY: Pardon My French Tee

Monday, April 1, 2013

Here is a quick and easy tutorial for this fun & sassy graphic tee!

I dont know about you, but I am a definite sucker for clever graphic tees & I loved this Kate Spade top as soon as I saw it.  When I first saw this shirt, I couldn't rationalize spending over $60 for a cotton t-shirt, so now that it is sold out everywhere I decided to whip together a DIY version of my own!

WHAT YOU NEED: Cotton T-shirt, Iron-On Letters (I used 3" letters), Iron, Ironing Cloth




STEP BY STEP
1. Wash your t-shirt but don't use fabric softener or the letters wont stick!
2. Cut out the letters you need and lay them out on your shirt in the desired pattern.  I laid out all three words to get the correct overall spacing and then removed all words except for "Pardon" and ironed on one word at a time.
3. Iron on the letters according to the directions on the package.  Make sure to use an ironing cloth or towel between the iron and the letters so they don't stick to the iron. (I needed to iron my letters much longer than recommended before they stuck...)
4. Allow letters to cool and carefully remove the top layer of plastic on the letters.
5. You're Done! Get ready to style & showcase your creation!

Total Cost: $24 
Tee ($8), Iron-On Letters ($16 for 2 Packs)

PS: Check how many of each letter come in a pack and make sure you buy enough to spell out the whole phrase!  Sometimes its best to buy an extra pack and return it if you don't use it... That way you wont run out of letters halfway through the project!

PSS:  I have some left over letters so let me know if you have any ideas on other ways to use them!


0 comments:

Post a Comment